Current Recruitment Needs
Raid Days/Times: Wednesday/Saturday 8pm–11pm EST. Other nights will be dedicated to Mythic dungeons, alt raid nights, or PvP as handled by the officer in charge.
Seeking 1 tank, class not important, but especially interested in Druids, DHs, or DKs. Please still apply regardless of class.
Seeking 1-2 healers, classes not important, but especially interested in Priests, Druids, or Shamans. Please still apply regardless of class.
Seeking 3+ ranged dps, classes not important, but at least one more Mage strongly preferred. Please still apply regardless of class.
Animus Ex Machina Charter
Anima Ex Machina is a coalition of players who have come together to experience Legion’s endgame content through the 10-man model/flex system. We expect all of our raiders to be strong players and able to carry their own weight through raids, as well as look for opportunities to continually improve their performance.
Atmosphere & Behavior
Anima Ex Machina is a guild of in-game and RL friends who want to see endgame content, but not at the expense of having fun. The atmosphere we are aiming for is friendly and collaborative, where the good of the group is valued above the good of individuals. That means working together and helping each other out to progress through raid encounters and, to a lesser extent, life. Some general guidance:
1. Trust and Be Worthy of Trust. When everyone is committed to the guild and each other, raiding is more fun and goes easier because we know we can rely on each other. Strong, trusting relationships are the foundation for the friendships that pulled this guild together.
2. Be Open to Suggestions. There is always something new to learn, not only about our classes and specs, but as to how we can work together better as a group in raid situations. We encourage everyone to be open to suggestions (even guild leadership), proactive in researching raid mechanics, and share their expertise.
3. Help Each Other. Every one of us recognizes that to progress through raid content, each of us needs to be as well-geared, well-enchanted, well-gemmed, etc. We encourage everyone to share their extra resources and unneeded gear to help each other power up to take on increasingly challenging encounters.
4. Pulling Your Weight. With about ten members in each raid, every raid member is expected and required to carry their own weight. No one wants to regularly “carry” a raid member. While no one is expected to min/max the hell out of their characters, we do expect raid members to use in-game enhancements (enchants, gems, glyphs) and spend a reasonable amount of time researching their classes/specs.
5. Solve Issues Before They Become Problems. We encourage everyone to voice issues as they come up, and if you have a problem with another guild member that can’t be resolved through direct communication, please inform an officer, who will work to mediate the issue.
6. BE COOL. In a small guild, we constantly work closely with ALL of our members, and thus we need to keep tension/drama to a minimum. If guild leadership determines that a guild member is stirring up trouble for any reason, they will be removed from the guild.
7. BE RESPECTFUL. Every guild member is held accountable for their words and actions. Players who act disrespectfully toward each other or non-guild members will be removed from the guild.
8. BE A TEAM PLAYER. Refusing to help out a guild member because “there’s nothing in it for you” is a selfish attitude that will not under any circumstances be tolerated within the guild.
Recruitment & Raid Participation
Membership in the guild will be capped at a very small number of guild members, with not a lot of “extra” people—this ensures everyone has a near-guaranteed slot on the raid team; however, it also means that we need ALL of our members to be ACTIVE participants in the guild. Although you may not make every raid, you will be expected to at least attempt to make most of them when a schedule has been agreed to. If you need to miss one or a couple, please notify Draegos/Evermourn or Tarisk/Eximere.
1. New Recruits. There will be a short probationary period (a couple of weeks, depending on time played) for new members to see if personalities and attitudes mesh. During the probationary period, new recruits will have limited guild bank privileges. After the probationary period, the guild or raid leader will talk with the new recruit to either invite the recruit to join as a full member or not.
2. Raid Times. Based on feedback with current members, we are tentatively looking at Wednesday and Sunday from 6pm to 9pm ET for raid times, mythic dungeon runs, or other guild-hosted events.
a. Group invites will begin 15-20 minutes before the scheduled raid time, with first pull beginning no later than 15 minutes after scheduled start time.
b. If this schedule does not work for you, speak with the guild or raid leader—we can always reassess group availability for alternative days/times.
c. If you know you will be late, contact an officer at least an hour prior to the scheduled time to let them know.
d. If you are more than 15 minutes late for the first pull, you may not be asked to join the event that night if it complicates group dynamics or counts.
Loot, Gear, and Mats
Loot System. We are currently planning to use the personal loot system to handle raid and mythic gear, with players spending seals to improve their chances for gear. If we need to change this system (e.g., because it’s resulting in extreme gear variances or because it’s contributing to a non-collaborative mindset), guild leadership will consult with current raiders beforehand.
Unwanted Gear. With this system, people may get gear that is lower ilvl, wrong stat distribution, etc. Please offer this to guild members (for immediate upgrades) before vendoring or disenchanting. Selling/auctioning unwanted gear is strictly prohibited.
Extra Crafting Mats & Recipes. We would also ask that crafting mats or recipes acquired during guild events be deposited in the guild bank if they are not “immediately” usable/needed by the CHARACTER that acquired them. Every member is equally entitled to the materials we gain from raiding and farming. Upgrading active raiding characters should be prioritized over upgrading alts. Guild members who abuse the guild bank may be removed from the guild.